In recent years, several inbound marketing techniques have replaced the traditional forms of advertising. Highways and roads are great places to advertise a business. Tailor-made advertisement boards along a road are a great medium to attract the attention of the audience. Placed on busy throughways, these road signs can help catch the attention of passing motorists and pedestrians and deliver a great deal of message within a very short amount of time. When it comes to road sign hoardings, simple message and bold design is the key to attract your audience’s attention and generate enquiries. A poorly designed or ill-placed sign can damage your branding efforts. A reputable interior branding company can help you develop creative and innovative designs while maintaining consistency in your ad cam campaign. Here are some important tips for designing road side hoardings –
- Keep It Short – Including too much information in one single ad will make it unappealing to read. As roadside motorists don’t have the time to read a lengthy signs, the key messages should pop out of the hoarding from a distance. So, it is important not to clutter hoarding. The message should not be more than eight words at the most. A good rule of thumb is to keep messages between three and eight words long. Eight words would be right for a billboard-sized sign, and even that may be too many. In addition, try to include key contact information and a call to action.
- Keep it Fresh – Refresh hoardings periodically with bold color changes to emphasize development phases, such as sales achieved. Make sure they are well maintained and repaired if they get damaged.
- Simple Visual – When choosing the visual for road signs, use big, bold keywords. Make sure the photo or artwork is designed to be blown up to a large size. A regular photo will break up into pixels and appear blurry. It must be a high resolution photo to be recognizable at a large size.
- Convey One Clear Idea – Narrow advertising down to one clear idea, as people driving by simply can’t handle more than one idea. Try to compact the message into eight words or less anyway, so use them for one simple, strong message.
- Use Contrast Colors – Make sure the sign board has two contrasting colors – one for the background and other for the type. Use a third color for accent if you wish. As too many colors cause the focus to bounce around, keep it simple. Bright color shades like bright yellow, flame orange and hot pink, for instance, can look clumsy and give an impression that’s inconsistent with the image and message. In short, the basic goal is to make drivers want to read sign, not want to turn away.
- Focus on Logo – Place the logo in the message at the right scale to aid recall. As part of the design, try to consider having the logo in illuminated letters or a light box, both of which are very striking.
- 24/7 Advertising – While designing hoardings, try to consider day and night-time passing traffic (both on foot and vehicles). Make sure the hoarding design works at all hours. LED signages and displays can help with this.
High-quality and eye-catching road sign hoarding designs can help build your brand and increase ROI. Choosing an expert advertising agency can ensure comprehensive support– right from design to installation.