If you are looking for a way to make your retail products stand out from your competitors, then point of purchase advertising is the answer. Point-of-purchase advertising or POP works to convince customers to make a purchase in a store. These ads are effective because retailers place them next to the products they want to advertise and this increases the visibility of those goods. POP displays may help your company take advantage of high-traffic areas in your store for enhanced income generation. It’s important to know how to implement proper POP displays.
Advantages of POP Advertising
- Attracts customers’ attention: The main advantage of point-of-purchase displays is that they can draw customers’ attention inside the store. To choose a product from the numerous options on the shelf, many shoppers scan the aisles. But frequently, product packaging is too modest to persuade clients to make a purchase. POP displays are much more appealing and people immediately notice them. POP displays raise the likelihood that shoppers will purchase a specific product by grabbing their attention.
- Motivates impulsive buyers: Targeting impulse purchases with POP displays can be successful. People might not have a specific item in mind when they walk into a shop. A visible sign highlighting the special benefits of a certain brand or product can inspire people to buy it on impulse.
- Educates consumers: Retailers can better inform customers about the distinctive features of a particular product or brand by using point-of-purchase displays. When compared to product packaging, POP displays allow retailers to give customers more detailed information about a product or brand, which may improve the customer experience and increase sales.
- Minimize marketing expenses: With a successful point of purchase marketing plan, stores can also cut marketing expenses. They can immediately advertise their products to clients by strategically placing affordable paper and digital product displays near offers. Some POP displays can modify messaging from a brand’s more costly advertising efforts to more effectively influence consumers.
- Enhances retail merchandising: POP displays can help brands enhance how retailers promote their goods. Retailers can save time, labor, and space by using point of purchase displays that brands can supply with their products along with instructions on how to use them in-store for optimal visibility.
Types Of POP Displays
- Temporary Point-of-purchase display: This is the most typical kind of POP display. Temporary point-of-purchase displays are typically made of corrugated cardboard. They exist in a range of sizes, from compact countertop displays with a single side to full-sized aisle displays. A variety of retail venues, including supermarkets, petrol stations, local stores, pharmacies, food marts, and other types of retail outlets use temporary POP displays. Products like produce, bottled beverages, DVDs, CDs, video games, books, periodicals, clearance items, and many more consumer goods are advertised using these displays.
- Semi-permanent Point-of-Sale Signs: Semi-permanent POP displays are another popular option. This kind of POP display is comparable to a temporary POP display. However, semi-permanent POP displays are usually constructed from more durable materials. Glass, sturdy cardboard, metal, wood, and strong plastics are a few of these items that can be used. Similar to temporary POP displays, they come in a variety of sizes, from compact tabletop displays to substantial aisle displays. Semi-permanent displays can be used for similar purposes as temporary displays, but are typically reserved for more expensive or upscale goods. Stronger, stiff materials are frequently employed to sell goods that exude a better quality, such as cosmetics, shampoo, alcoholic beverages, specialty meals, literature, gadgets, and liquor.
- Permanent POP display: Contrary to its name, a permanent POP exhibit is not actually permanent. These display kinds are made to last one to three years. They are made of plastic, metal, wood, glass, or even heavy-duty cardboard and often created to look like a kiosk or a separate store within a larger store. A permanent display is more expensive than a temporary or semi-permanent one since it is made of stronger materials. A permanent display can help boost sales if it is well designed and utilized properly.
- Digital POP display: Similar to the conventional POP displays, this POP display may have a physical body or container, but typically has an LCD screen or other digital monitor. A huge LCD screen that plays films or slide shows of the goods being advertised on the gadget may occasionally serve as the entire display. Digital point-of-purchase displays are used to promote a wide range of goods, such as soda, beer, wine, and foods of all kinds. digital POP displays are found in supermarkets, department stores, specialized shops, trade exhibitions, and other shopping places.
- Robotic POP displays: With rapid advancements in technology, we now have an engaging robotic option. However, the only POP display on the market is Tokinomo. These POP displays comprise small rectangular boxes with a robotic arm. Tokinomo blends light, sound, and motion technology to attract shoppers’ attention and drive products to promote themselves. This robotic display is easy to implement and highly customizable.
Popular items for POP ads displays are:
- Clip on frame
- Hanging dispenser
- Window signage
- Shelf displays
- Floor stands
Brands can successfully employ POP advertising to sway consumers’ decisions in their favour. This strategy is a simple but highly effective way to draw attention to a certain product and convince the consumer to buy it. Appealing and inventive POP displays serve as a brand’s substitute salesperson. They showcase the brand’s many options, inform clients about the benefits of various products, and are an ideal option to promote sales of specific products. A reliable POPs advertising company can design attractive POP ads that interact effectively with your customers and make your products stand out from competition.
The product protrudes from the shelf, and a light shines on the product while the arm makes the product “dance.” Simultaneously, a recording of a voice describing the product and its features plays from a speaker in the back of the device. A unique diffuser light will make the products glow with luminescence for clear or transparent bottled products.